Friday, November 4, 2011

Hello out there...I am still around..LOL

Just not blogging anywhere like I used to back in the day.  Wow, could be a lot to catch you guys up with if I had the energy.  So here is the short version...

The boys topped off 2nd and 5th grades with all perfect marks on their last report cards.  They had a wonderful summer after a tragedy hit for us.....our dog Phoebe we had for 15 years had to be put down this past June. There are times I am still finding myself looking for her in the house.  So stupid. :-(  Our vacation to Ocean City was a challenge.  We did enjoy having family over from KY though on this trip, no matter how some of the bad circumstances went down.  It still was a blessed time away with them.  Rick had to go back and forth from OC to home and back that week of July.  We had found out on the way to Ocean City that Ben made the U9 travel team.  We just did not know how quick everything would go from there.  LOL  There was a meeting the week we went to OC that Rick felt that he better not had missed.

School started the end of August, along with the full tilt soccer schedules.  Ben LOVES 3rd grade and loves his teacher too.  That was long overdue after a horrid 2nd grade experience.  LOL  Andrew is in 5th grade now.  We have had a few challenges, the vice principal for 6th grade has gotten to know me really well.  Hahaha.  I think the first report cards are about to come out soon.  I think Ben is going to do well.  I have a conference with his teacher next Wednesday just to make sure he is on target.  With the advent of Edline, now I can see all the time how Andrew is doing in all his classes.  I know the first quarter is all review, but to think he may be pulling a straight A report card for the first time in a new school at all...is pretty darn cool if ya ask me. LOL  More cool, taking in account some of the problems he did have here for a bit.

Soccer is over for Andrew for now.  Well, he says he is done with it permanently.  My "brainiac" boy wants to spend 100% on his studies it seems.  Pray for me on this, because Andrew is built like his momma and needs that exercise.  But I can fully understand where he is coming from.  Now, Ben, on the other hand, will never quit soccer I don't think.  In fact his season is still going on thru the tournament days in November (12th and 13th).  Then I do believe right after Thanksgiving, starts up practice for Futsal....with games starting the beginning of December.  LOL  I will probably he missing the first game.  Dec. 2nd and 3rd is the annual women's retreat to Ocean City.  I can't miss that one, broke or not.  :-p

Jimmy is doing well.  I don't get to get him as many times as I used to because of Ben's travel soccer.  It has taken me out of church and all many a Sunday here.  Futsal looks to be more of the same. *sigh*  Pray for me in that department too.  Trying to drop teaching because I realize my own inconsistencies with not being there causes undeserved lapses in students learning.  Trying to get more back to what I was meant to do...be a steward, more full time, with praise team on "the side".  Not only comfortable, it is what is NEEDED right now.  I'm seeing it and the poor leader of the stewards does not need the stress of begging folks to step up and be in the kitchen.  :-((

In other news...when I went to the doctors on August 6th (19 years since I have known Rick btw), I decided then for some reason to try Weight Watchers again, but a more relaxed version.  My reasons for losing weight are different now....no reunion, no dress, no event....  This time it is for me to be around for my boys, for me to one day be a grandmother who can enjoy her grandchildren, stuff like that.  So I guess those must all be the right reasons.  So far a good 25 pounds has come off.  I say that only because last week it was 29 pounds, yet I have ate a lot of Halloween candy this week.  I'm sure it will be a gain come tomorrow's weigh in.  Shameful.  Yet, I will still be plugging away at this and nothing will defeat me or permanently derail me as it has in past times.  I'm here to stay, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive